Strength & Conditioning Classes
SVPC PROVIDES HEALTH AND FITNESS IN A SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT. EVERY MEMBER HAS ACCESS TO PROFESSIONAL COACHING DURING EACH CLASS, COUPLED WITH PROGRAMMING SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO IMPROVE STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING.
Resistance Training, which includes a variety of movements such as squats, deadlifts, overhead press, bench press, and pulling variations.
Our programming is periodized and includes manipulation of variables such as volume (sets, reps, and frequency of training) and intensity (subjective intensity via session RPE and external via load) to meet the demands of a particular block of programming. We periodized several blocks of training throughout the year to increase muscle mass (hypertrophy) and strength.
Conditioning, which includes bodyweight movements and implements such as kettlebells, dumbbells, boxes, jump rope, rowers, slam balls, etc. This portion of the class is designed to improve cardiorespiratory training.
Coupled together, these two components create a well-rounded program designed to improve health and fitness for the general population.
We offer a wide range of Strength & Training Classes with discounts for military and families. Click the button below to see the full list.
- Nutrition: We teach you how to correctly fuel your body for both fitness and Life. Nutrition is the foundation of our entire approach. Without appropriate nutrition the rest of the process will fail.
- Strength: Strength is specific to the task we are attempting. However, we have a lot of evidence regarding the many benefits of strength training; especially as we age (minimizing bone density-loss, muscle loss, fall-risk, and all-cause mortality).
- Conditioning: Exercise selected to improve cardiorespiratory training across various time parameters; from short duration, high intensity to long duration endurance exercise.
- Community: Our classes provide a friendly community atmosphere. Patrons get to exercise with like-minded individuals who are goal oriented.
- Evidence-Based: We are fans of research! We typically will not make recommendations without having a research evidence basis to do so. No fads, no fancy gimmicks, just well supported research based training with a motto to: Embrace The Process. If you have goals, we can help you meet them, but it is you who has to put the time and dedication into the process.